HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR HANDWRAPS
- Keep 'Em Dry - We all know that while working out, the sweat from our hands are absorbed into the hand wraps, and the bacteria of our sweat will linger in the hand wraps if we don’t do anything about it. Immediately hang them till dry after you workout at the gym. You can also use dryer to dry them after washing, but we recommend to put them inside a laundry bag. The hand wraps will last longer if you hung them to dry.
- Wash 'Em - Hanging them is not enough. you need to wash it every once in a while. We recommend hand wash, because it is the most optimal way to keep it from tangling and stretching. You can also put them in a mesh laundry bag (with end tied) to minimize tangling. But don’t wash them too often because the colours and prints will fade easily.
- Disinfect - To make sure your handwraps are hygienic, spray them with disinfectant/antibacterial after drying them so they will stay clean.
- Keep 'Em Fresh - To keep the bad odours away, consider putting dryer sheets inside the place where you keep your hand wraps, or you can also put some perfume sprayed tissue (don’t put wet tissue because the fabric will absorb the chemicals).
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR GLOVES
- Clean Them Off - Wipe them down with damp cloth (do not wash) your gloves immediately after working out so that any dirt or contaminants on the gloves won’t linger on them.
- Dry Them Off - After cleaning your gloves, you should hang them to dry in an open, airy space or in front of a fan to speed up the process. (but keep them away from direct sunlight because it will damage the leather). you can also put newspaper or any kinds of paper to absorb the moisture.
- Don't Leave Them Inside Your Gym Bag - The moist and dark environment of your bag (or anywhere) will make the bacteria grow faster and we don’t want that to happen.
- Keep Them Fresh - To keep the bad odours away, consider putting dryer sheets inside your gloves, or you can also put some perfume sprayed tissue (don’t put wet tissue because the fabric will absorb the chemicals). If you’re not a big fan of perfumes, you can also put some silica gel in your gloves in order to keep them fresh and smelling good.
HOW TO BREAK IN YOUR GLOVES
- Squeeze The Gloves - One of the most important things for when you’re breaking the gloves is to squeeze the gloves, but don’t overdo it. Put one glove on, make a fist and then extend your fingers a few times, use your other hand to squeeze the padding around your fist against your knuckles. But don’t overdo it or else you will damage the foam padding.
- Hit The Pads - The main function of boxing gloves is to hit stuff with it. So, one way to break them in is just to hit them. But, try light punches to break them in and let the leather and padding move and adjust within the gloves. Do this for a few sessions before you use them the way you would do with a well used gloves.
- Hit a Punching Bag - Use lighter punching bags, such as double end bags to break them in.